Monday, May 16, 2011

Custom 18 inch Cheese Clock

While making the cutting boards below, I was contacted to make a cheese clock.  You ask what is a cheese clock it is actually a way that cheese is organized on a board and paired with wines.  Via my wife, one of her contacts reached out and wanted to see if I could make a custom cheese clock for him.  This is really my first true experiences with social media creating a connection between people that do not know each other.

This cheese clock is made the following:


Wood on the Clock
6 to 9 Maple
9 to 12 Oak
12 to 3 Cherry
3 to 6 Walnut
Center square Mahogany
I laminated (glued) all of the wood together by species and then joined them all together.  After that I drew an 18 inch circle and used a band saw to cut the board to shape and then sanded it to final size.  I used my angle grinder to smooth out the board, then belt sand and then a finish sanding.  This board was finished with General Finishes Salad Bowl Non-Toxic finish.

If you would like a custom board and have something in mind, please contact me at neiljoyce@gmail.com or on facebook at Woodworking by Neil Joyce.

No comments:

Post a Comment